hi! i know i have been failing you all for like - the past 5 months over here. i don't even know what happened. 5 months just goes by in a flash doesn't it? in the express, here's what i've been up to lately:
phew. now that we're all caught up i know that you're getting hungry. i've got lots of recipes, tricks and things to share here in the next few weeks, but in the meantime, I am going to leave you with a few of my favourite things i've been cooking lately. try these out and let me know what you think.
1. Spicy Peanut Stew with Butternut Squash + Chickpeas by Oh Lady Cakes. I used a buttercup squash from my farm box. also, if you've never checked out Ashlae's blog, you really need to. she is awesome. in this post she sums up my thoughts on india precisely "...it was simultaneously the most wonderful and awful place I’ve ever visited."
2. Moroccan Inspired Tagine by the Happy Pear (we LOVED this cafe in greystones, a subarb of Dublin, so much that we bought the cookbook. this is similar to one of our favourite recipes from the book)
3. one of my new favourite food bloggers - who also happens to live in dublin - susan jane white is both hilarious and awesome. she's always doing crazy things like making cold brew cacao - seriously, try it out. it also inspired me to try brewing cacao nibs in my aeropress - i had moderate success.
4. it seems like green smoothie bowls have been a real hit this summer, try this one over at A Tasty Love Story
5. we made this herby picnic potato salad by Green Kitchen Stories a couple of times with some local mini potatoes, it is delish.
6. I am loving Sarah Britton's new cookbook: My New Roots. Try this awesome looking salad if you're looking for something colourful - Winter Rainbow Panzanella
7. I have been crushing soups this fall. here is one of my new faves: curried coconut and sweet potato soup.
8. this girl makes the best vegan desserts EVER. this coffee cream cake with date syrup looks amazing, and if you know where i can get date syrup in canada - let me know! my supply from ireland is running out.
9. we've been all over the cocktails this summer + fall. my current fave is similar to this Black Walnut Old Fashioned.
10. and finally, i've been going back through the REAL FOOD COLLECTIVE archives and found one of my all time favourite recipes: pumpkin spice and ginger loaf - for those of you craving an alternative to pumpkin spice lattes at starbucks, try this one, it is my FAVOURITE loaf i've ever made.
okay. stay tuned.
i'll be back.