These came out mostly by accident.
Really i just wanted to make a dessert that I could put on my new cake plate.
gluten & dairy free chocolate cupcakes
First, whisk together
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour (my mix included 1/4 cup of teff flour, 1/4 sweet sorghum flour, 1/4 cup almond meal)
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 6 tbsp cocoa
- 1.5 tsp gf baking powder
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 0.5 tsp sea salt
- 0.5 tsp guar gum
- 2/3 cup (scant) superfine coconut sugar (give regular coconut sugar a whiz in your vitamix or coffee grinder to make a fine powder)
in a bowl until fully combined.
In a separate bowl, beat
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil (not too hot)
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
together until fully combined.
Add wet mixture to dry mixture. Beat on high until fully combined (about one minute)
Pour into a cupcake tray (mine made exactly 12 cupcakes).
Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes.
Allow to cool.
Peanut butter icing
- 1/2 cup of full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup organic peanut butter (i used crunchy, use creamy for a smoother consistency)
- 3 drops of vanilla stevia
- 1 large tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup finely ground coconut sugar
- a sprinkle of sea salt
Allow to chill in the freezer for 20 minutes or leave in the fridge until ready to spread.
Lightly whip the frosting before using.