whenever i travel it’s my kitchen that i miss the most - especially on my once-per-month weekend trips back to the city to visit the fam. lately though, my mom has been making these frequent visits a whole lot easier by making her kitchen a whole lot more like mine.
it is amazing.
she even got a vitamix!
and she always has a bar of 90% chocolate, a stash of free range eggs, organic spinach, crunchy peanut butter and coconut oil.
these are the cookies I made on my last visit home.
chocolate chunk protein cookies for mom’s house
- 1/8 of a cup quinoa/pecan blend
- 1.5 tbsp of flax seeds into a flour.
*i just added some pecans to the quinoa ratio because i love the flavour…
- 1/8 of a cup protein powder
- 1/4 cup of shredded coconut (i used coconut meat from a legit coconut, just because my mom happened to have one in the fridge - i think this was key!).
pour the mixture into a bowl.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- an overflowing tbsp of maple syrup (the legit stuff) and
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
chop up a square of 90% chocolate. mix into batter.
shape into 5 cookies on a cookie sheet.
bake at 300 degrees for 15-20 minutes.