(original recipe by tasty yummies)
Preheat the oven to 350º F. Grease and flour a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan.
Sift together in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- 250 grams of flour – I used mostly Namaste blend with about a tbsp. each of coconut and hemp (you could use any kind of regular flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Ground fresh ginger (about one inch)
- 1 teaspoon dry vanilla
- Add pumpkin spices if you have them
- 2 large farm fresh brown eggs
- 1 heaping tbsp. of honey
- 1 tbsp finely ground coconut sugar
- 3 drops vanilla stevia
until very well combined and fluffy.
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¾ tbsp. of flax seed oil
into the egg mixture.
- 1 cup fresh pureed pumpkin
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
until everything is well combined.
Then add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl with the wet ingredients a little at a time. Mix until well blended.
- Chopped crystallized ginger
- Chopped walnuts
- Dried Cherries
- Chocolate Chips
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle more ginger and walnuts over the top. Place on the center rack in the oven and back until the top is golden brown, about an hour. Make sure a cake tester or knife comes out clean. Allow the bread to cool in the pan for about 30 minutes, then gently turn the bread out of the pan (being careful not to knock all the nuts and ginger off) and allow it to finish cooling on a wire rack.