i know, i know. normally I am a waffle & oatmeal girl for breakfast. it's tragic.
don't get me started.
but lately, I have been trying to eat more vegetables for breakfast.
it's kind of fun actually.
it feels a bit rebellious.
but i am full of kale, sweet potato avocado and it's not even 7AM.
i dare you to try having a salad for breakfast tomorrow, it just might change your entire outlook on the day.
To make this salad:
Thinly slice 1/2 a plantain into circles. Heat some coconut oil in a small frying pan. Add the plantain coins and sprinkle with salt & cinnamon.
Meanwhile, steam about 1.5 cups of chopped kale (or spinach, or chard).
While these are cooking, chop up & add to bowl:
- 1/2 a pear
- 1/4 avocado
- frozen cherries
- a small handful of dried mulberries
- a sprinkle of coconut flakes
- and pomegranate granules.
I also added about
- 1/4 cup of leftover cooked and shredded chicken
- and a handful of leftover roasted sweet potatoes (the trick is to always have roasted vegetables in your fridge).
Flip the plantains to brown the other side. Once cooked, add to the bowl along with the steamed kale.