this happened by accident.
i really needed some chocolate. and the broccoli was just sitting there.
so here is what i did.
in a vitamix
(sorry guys - this one really probably really only works in a vitamix)
- 1/2 cup steamed broccoli chopped
- a handful of ice
- a handful of frozen spinach
- a handful of frozen cherries
- a tsp of maca powder
- a tbsp of raw cacao powder
- 1 scoop of hemp protein powder
- 1 tsp of creamed honey
- a couple of drops each: nunaturals vanilla stevia & nunaturals cocoa bean extract
blend until totally smooth.
scoop into a bowl.
top with cacao nibs & coconut manna.
p.s. there are a couple of additions to this recipe that you don't really need: like the maca powder, the protein powder, and the nunaturals - feel free to leave these out if you don't have them.
[this post is dedicated to my hero, mike robertson.]