so it actually snowed here this week.
we spent the weekend at the beach in invermere working on our tans and doing yoga.
then we ended up with so much snow that i almost couldn't find my car.
and the local community garden had to do an emergency harvest.
canada is crazy.
on another note, i had a great workout today and finished it off with this post workout smoothie.
I find it pretty difficult to drink sweet smoothies and I often crave drinks without too much fruit in them. this one is perfect if you are looking for something light, refreshing and not sweet. it's a good recovery mix, with tons of healthy fats and a little bit of protein to fuel up after a workout.
it also features three great ingredients from my friends over at North Coast Naturals. I love North Coast Naturals because they make high quality, natural organic products that taste good and are pretty affordable. I have been using a number of their products for years (I started off taking the L-Glutamine supplement after my workouts) and have enjoyed testing recipes with the package they sent me a few weeks ago.
here's what to do:
- 1.5 Tbsp North Coast Naturals Brown Rice Protein
- 1 tsp North Coast Naturals L-Glutamine Powder
- 0.5 Tbsp North Coast Naturals Hemp Seeds
- 1 cup Frozen Blueberries
- 1.5 Tbsp runny Tahini (i use the bulk one from community natural foods)
- 1/2 tsp Psyllium husk powder
- 1 cup Non-dairy milk (I like this one, which i buy for dirt cheap at Costco)
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of raw local honey
- large handful of ice
To your vitamin or high powered blender. Blend on high until smooth, adding a splash of water if needed.
Enjoy somewhere warm...
...or embrace the Canadian in you and drink it in the snow.