i feel like i'm a little behind with soup season - i'm only just catching up to it now. at the start of spring! i've made three different kinds of soup this week and it seems like that's all my body is craving. i guess i could be craving worse things.
anyway: i've had a bit of a head cold for the past few days, so I wanted to pump my body full of things that would make me feel better, like turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, coconut oil and carrots:
- tumeric: powerful anti-inflammatory and strong antioxidant.
- cinnamon: same thing. powerful anti-inflammatory and strong antioxidant.
- ginger: improves absorption of nutrients, acts as an anti-inflammatory, strengthens immunity and fights respiratory problems.
- coconut oil: anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, and anti-inflammatory properties- also supports the immune system.
- carrots: helps flush toxins from the body and prevent infection.
here's how to make it:
- 1 organic gala apple
- 5 organic carrots
- 0.5 red onion
spread them out on a baking sheet and drizzle with 3 tbsp melted coconut oil. Sprinkle a generous amount of true cinnamon, salt and tumeric over the vegetables, then toss to coat. roast at 400 for 30 minutes, tossing once in the oven.
Add roasted veg and about 1 cup boiling water to a high speed blender. blend on high adding more water until you get the right consistency.
- 1 inch peeled ginger
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
season with salt, cinnamon and turmeric to taste.
top with a drizzle of olive oil, toasted pumpkin seeds and hemp seeds.
makes 2 large bowls.